The Galaxy Note 3 sure was a beast, but now that Samsung has unboxed the Galaxy Note 4, the device has caught all the eyes. Galaxy Note 4 packs up a lot of goodies in it’s software, that are not available in the previous Galaxy Note device, and that might be the only thing where this device takes a lead (only if the hardware specifications are kept aside). Galaxy Note 4 runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box with Samsung’s latest TouchWiz UI, which was introduced in the Galaxy S5. The latest UI is pretty much colorful and smooth, Samsung has introduced a new Launcher, a new System UI, new messaging app UI, new contacts app UI, new phone app UI and almost all other applications have been revamped. There are new wallpapers and new lockscreen effects as well. While all these goodies are only exclusive to the Galaxy S5 or the Galaxy Note 4, the previous Galaxy owners might be in a bit of disappointment, but wait, there’s something that might cheer you up.
The great developer community working over the XDA forums has always brought us up something cool, and this time for our beloved Galaxy Note 3, XDA senior member g00h has come up with his Tweaked S5 BASE / Fully N4 Style ROM. The ROM is based on the Galaxy S5’s firmware and contains almost all the features from the Galaxy Note 4. Apart from the Galaxy Note 4 features, this ROM is heavily modified and packs up some cool features that you won’t be able to find in any stock firmware. The ROM also promises stability and flawless performance. We will be having a look on the features of this ROM and then head towards the installation guide in order to transform your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N-9005 into a Galaxy Note 4.
- Tweaked, Stock Ported From Galaxy S5.
- COMPLETLEY Based on: KOT49H.G900SKSU1ANI1
- G900S Korean S5 Official FIRMWARE.
1. This Guide Is Only For Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may use our guide to install CWM 220.127.116.11 on your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using CWM recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Transform Galaxy Note 3 Into Galaxy Note 4
- Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Download the ROM [S5Base_N4Style_by_g00h_V7.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Advanced > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, and Data, a factory reset is recommended.
- In the recovery mode, now select install zip > S5Base_N4Style_by_g00h_V7.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features from the Galaxy Note 4.
- That’s all.