As per rule of installing Official Firmware, you are to loose the root access of your device if you update it to even slightest change, but the update has to be official. Then again you are stuck with an Un-rooted device, waiting for another method to root it. Well, fear not, as if you have updated your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to Android 4.4.2 and looking for a perfect way to root it again, we have a solution for you, the old and the best one, install custom recovery and flash Super SU on it, simple and works everytime. Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Root And Install CWM Recovery On Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 Running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-I9200 .
- Do-not try this tutorial on any other device.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install CWM Recovery..
- Downlaod CWM Recovery For your Galaxy Mega 6.3to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File ‘i9200-cwm-recovery.tar‘
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot Option.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen and get the “Pass” Message on Odin, unplug the cable.
Flash Super SU:
- Downlad Super SU for your device.
- Turn Off your Device again
- Now go to Recovery mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Home Buttons till you see some text on-screen
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from SDcard’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select “Reboot System Now“,
- After the Reboot, check Super SU app in drawer or use any root checker app to verify root access.