Samsung smartphones always arrived with a Stock recovery already installed on them, but the problem with Stock recovery is that, it only installs Signed zip files from Samsung, you can’t install any sort of Custom zip files using Stock recovery. Even if you think that you can do such thing, the only thing you will get is an E:signature error when installing Custom zip files.
But there is one good thing about Stock recovery, that it allows you to install any other Custom recovery on your device. But in order to do that make sure that your device is rooted, if you want to install Custom firmware on it. You can search on Google how to root Galaxy Y duos, or does it even need root to install custom ROMs on it.
In this article we will tell you how to Install Clockwork Mod Recovery on Galaxy Y Duos.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Before we begin Make sure:
- Your device battery level is at 75% or more.
- Your device Should be rooted.
- Just in case, Backup all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages.
How To Install Clockwork Mod Recovery on Galaxy Y Duos.
- Download CWM-6102.zip CWM Package for Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to your computer
- Connect your device to PC using original data cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable and turn off your phone.
- Now go into recovery, Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together.
- In recovery select ‘apply update from sd card’ and select the ‘update zip from sd card’.
- Navigate to CWM-6102.zip and select it using the power button.
- Confirm the installation on next screen and wait for it to complete.
- After the completion Select ‘go back’ and then select ‘reboot system now’.