Xposed Framework has been made available for Samsung Galaxy smartphones running Android Lollipop TouchWiz ROMs. You can now easily install Xposed Framework on your Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You will find a comprehensive method to get Xposed Framework and install your desired Xposed Modules on your Samsung Galaxy in the succeeding guide. Let’s go through a brief over-view of Xposed before we head towards the installation instructions.
Xposed Framework is meant to be for those Android users who do not like flashing custom ROMs and still want to modify their device without getting into any complexity. The framework modifies your existing system and brings in all of your desired features without making you go through any hard and fast rules. By installing Xposed, your device stays on your stock OS, but you are able to use it just like you would use a custom ROM. Xposed has a hefty list of features that you can load in your Android smartphone and change its functionality according to your liking. Over the past few months, Xposed has gained a lot of popularity and it has become a basic need for an Android power user now. Xposed made its way starting from Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Xposed’s functionality was extend to Android 4.4.4 KitKat without any hiccups here and there. Tough time for Xposed began with the release of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop because of Google’s changes in the core system and security enhancements. It took quite a while, but Xposed was made available for Android Lollipop somehow. Xposed works on almost all Android smartphones, but for Samsung’s Android Lollipop powered TouchWiz UI, Xposed needed to be modified a bit more. This job was successfully done by famous XDA recognised developer Wanam. Wanam’s Xposed works pretty great on almost all Samsung Galaxy smartphones running Android 5.0.2 or 5.1.1 Lollipop TouchWiz ROMs.
To have a look on list of Xposed Modules, check out this link. After checking the list, follow the guide below to install Xposed right away.
How To Install Xposed Framework On Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 4, Note 5 & S6 Edge+
- Your Android Lollipop 5.1.1 device must be rooted and also have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed on it.
- Download Xposed-sdk.zip file according to your device’s CPU architecture.
- for ARM devices: xposed-v78.0-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20151116.zip
- for ARM 64 devices: xposed-v78.0-sdk22-arm64-custom-build-by-wanam-20151116.zip
- Xposed uninstaller for ARM devices: xposed-uninstaller-20151116-arm.zip
- Xposed uninstaller for ARM 64 devices: xposed-uninstaller-20151116-arm64.zip
- You can use an application like “Hardware Info” to check out your smartphone’s CPU architecture.
- Also download Xposed Installer APK file: XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
- Now copy both .zip and XposedInstaller APK files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now boot your phone into recovery mode. The button combination to boot into recovery mode varies from device to device, but if you have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your PC you can boot into recovery mode using the following command: adb reboot recovery
- Once you’re in recovery, select Install or Install Zip depending on your recovery.
- Locate the xposed-sdk.zip file that you just copied.
- Select the file and flash it following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’re done flashing, reboot your device.
- Now locate the XposedInstaller APK file using a file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager.
- Install the XposedInstaller APK.
- You will have Xposed Installer in app drawer now.
- Open Xposed Installer now and apply your favourite tweaks from the list of available and working Modules.
- To uninstall Xposed, simply flash xposed-uninstaller.zip file and it will be wiped off from your device.
- That’s all.
Let us know what modules are you going to apply on your Lollipop 5.1.1 powered device. In case you’re stuck with something, feel free to reach us out through the comment box below. Best of luck ?