It isn’t been long since Samsung Galaxy Note 7 debacle spread all over the globe, and a new issue for Samsung is already on the line. The Galaxy Note 8 users started reporting a sudden death issue on the phone right after the battery drains. Once the battery of the phone drains and the phone powers down, it refuses to turn back on. This issue was reported by several users on Reddit. Samsung also took notice and acknowledged that this issue is real and it exists. This issue sparked a fear among all the Galaxy Note 8 owners. If you own a Galaxy Note 8, you cannot be sure whether your phone will turn on after it goes dead as a result of battery drainage.
Having a Galaxy Note 8 while this issue is going on is quite risky. You cannot even test if your phone has this issue or not. What if you want to test your phone, you let the battery drain and it never picks up the power again? You are totally doomed then, right? Well, Samsung hasn’t provided a fix for this issue so far. Galaxy Note 8 users have been trying to come up with the self-made solutions so far. There isn’t really a fix for this issue, but what you can do is, you can prevent your phone from going all the way down to 0%. It’s advised to charge your phone as soon as it falls down to 10% or 12% of the battery.
What you can do is, you can get a battery checkup application which will keep an eye on the percentage of the battery. You can set custom alerts in the application to let you know as soon as the battery drops to a certain percentage. There is a number of such applications in the Google Play Store. If you do not have a rooted Galaxy Note 8, you will have to check out an application in the Play Store. If you have a rooted phone, then there is a more solid solution available for you in this post.
Our respected friend Dr.Ketan, who is a famous Galaxy Note developer at XDA-developers, has made a little application. The application is named as Deep Discharge Protection Tool. Once active, this tool will notify you as soon as the battery percentage comes down to 12%. The phone will notify you twice about the battery. If you do not respond to the notifications, it will shut down your phone at 12%. This means your phone’s battery will not drain to 0% and you will be able to turn it on. The application requires root access to work on the Galaxy Note 8.
Now in this guide, you will learn how to fix Galaxy Note 8 Battery Deep Discharge Issue. The guide will explain the method for both the rooted and non-rooted Galaxy Note 8 owners.
How to fix Galaxy Note 8 Battery Deep Discharge Issue – Non-rooted users
- Download and install a battery alarm application on your phone.
- Using the battery alarm application, set alerts for yourself at a certain percentage of battery.
- As soon as your phone’s battery informs, put your phone to charge in order to avoid the discharge issue.
How to fix Galaxy Note 8 Battery Deep Discharge Issue – Rooted users
- Download Deep Discharge Tool v1.2 APK: Download Link
- Copy the APK file to your phone.
- On your phone, go to settings > lock screen & security > unknown sources > tap the radio button to turn on.
- Now locate the APK file on your phone using a file manager.
- Tap the APK and complete its installation.
- Open the application now and give it root access.
- The application will start doing its job now. This is it.