Galaxy Note 8 has been doing pretty great for Samsung. The Note 8 has successfully undone all the damage that was caused to the reputation of the South Korean giant after the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco last year. The Note 8 comes with a huge 6.3-inch edge-edge display. We can find the WQHD+ resolution on the phone. Galaxy Note 8 is a house to a RAM of 6 GB and 64 GB internal storage. The Note 8 has a dual-rear camera setup with dual-OIS. Dual OIS sets the Galaxy Note 8’s camera ahead of all the competition at the moment. Galaxy Note 8 has its iconic S-Pen located at the bottom. This phone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. Note 8 will be the first phone to get Android Oreo update as well.
Android developers have been keeping an eye on the Galaxy Note 8 for quite a while. They were eager to get their hands on the phone and start modifying it. It didn’t take too long for the developers to release the TWRP recovery for the Note 8. The phone has been already rooted as well. A new method to root the Galaxy Note 8 is available now which doesn’t require flashing the no-verity file in order to disable encryption. The traditional root method i.e. flashing a custom recovery and then flashing SuperSU will now work on your all new Galaxy Note 8. Here’s a step by step guide to root your Galaxy Note 8 using SuperSU or the Magisk root tool.
Easiest Method To Root Galaxy Note 8 with SuperSU/Magisk
- This guide is only for the Exynos Galaxy Note 8. You can check the model number of your Note 8 here.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your phone.
- Backup everything since this process requires formatting your phone during the process.
- This process is custom and it will void the warranty of your phone. Make sure that you’re taking this risk on your own.
- Follow this guide carefully.
Required downloads and installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and extract Odin 3.12.15
- Download TWRP Recovery for your Galaxy Note 8
- Download SuperSu or Magisk and copy it to your phone’s external SD card.
Tutorial to root Note 8 now
- Open Odin3 3.12.15.exe on your computer.
- In Odin, click on the AP tab and select the TWRP Recovery file.
- Now in Odin, go to options and make sure that the only option checked is the F.Reset Time. No other options should be checked here.
- Put your Galaxy Note 8 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Bixby + Power Key. Your phone will be in download mode in a minute.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. Let Odin3 recognise your phone. Once Odin detects your Note 8, it will turn the ID:COM box blue.
- Click on the Start button in Odin now.
- Odin will start flashing TWRP recovery on your phone now. After the recovery flashing comes to an end, disconnect your phone and do not restart it.
- Now press and hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power Key, as soon as the screen goes black, switch from Volume Down key to Volume Up key.
- This will now take you to the TWRP recovery, slide through swipe to allow modifications.
- Now tap Wipe > Format Data > Type “Yes” to confirm. This will erase your phone’s internal storage and data.
- Get back to the main menu in TWRP and tap Reboot > Recovery.
- As you boot into TWRP again, tap Install > Locate and select SuperSU or Magisk > Swipe to confirm flash.
- After flashing the file, reboot the system and install a root checker to check root. That’s all.
That’s all with this method. Got any problems? Don’t worry. Write us in the comments section below.