OnePlus One is a high-quality Android smartphone that’s thought-about as a Flagship smartphone killer by many individuals. The system comes with a 5.5 inch LTPS LCD touchscreen show that’s powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core processor alongside a three GB RAM, and it runs on Android KitKat working system. The 13 megapixel digital camera accessible on this system will allow you to take high-quality snapshots. With its lower cost, this is without doubt one of the finest Android smartphones accessible proper now.
If you’ve gotten purchased this system and wish to get root privileges for set up purposes which solely helps rooted gadgets or for eradicating the bloat ware in your system, nicely then you might be in the appropriate place. Here, I’ve given a step-by-step tutorial to root OnePlus One smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your smartphone will void its guarantee and also you received’t be capable to declare it. Also, rooting your system may get it bricked when you don’t comply with the directions fastidiously and if that happens don’t held me accountable. Proceed at your OWN will.
1) The rooting process given under is a data-loss course of, so it is very important take a full backup of private knowledge’s in your smartphone earlier than rooting. Take backup with acceptable apps and reserve it in your laptop. We will use this to get better knowledge after ending the rooting course of.
2) Make certain that your system has not less than 60% battery backup in it. If not, please cost your battery as much as this mark after which begin the rooting course of.
three) Download OnePlus One USB driver from right here and set up it in your laptop. By doing this, it is possible for you to to attach your smartphone to the pc.
four) Next, you’ll have to set up ADB and Fastboot in your laptop. To accomplish that, obtain full Android SDK zip bundle from right here. Once downloaded, extract the zip bundle, reserve it’s content material in a folder in your desktop and identify it as “Android-SDK-windows” with out quotes. Next, open the folder and click on on SDK Manager.exe. Now set up the next packages: Tools -> Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools, and Extras -> Android Support Library, Google USB Driver.
Once accomplished, return to the Android-sdk-Windows folder and you will note a brand new folder by the identify “platform-tools”. This will end the ADB and fastboot set up. To examine whether or not it’s working correctly, open command immediate in your laptop and enter the next instructions:
If it reveals “Android Debug Bridge model x.x.xx“, then it’s working correctly. If it doesn’t, repeat this ADB and fastboot set up course of once more.
Once you’ve gotten accomplished these stipulations, you may transfer ahead to the principle tutorial given under.
Tutorial To Root OnePlus One Smartphone:
Rooting your OnePlus One is a reasonably straightforward process however earlier than that you will want to unlock your system’s bootloader and set up a customized restoration. Let’s learn the way to do this and root your OnePlus One smartphone.
a) How To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get began, you will want to change off your smartphone and boot into the fastboot mode. To do this, press and maintain the quantity up and energy button concurrently whereas your system is switched off till you see the fastboot textual content in your smartphone display screen.
2) Once accomplished, join your system to the pc utilizing the unique USB knowledge cable. Next, open a command window in your laptop and enter the next instructions:
three) If you see your system mannequin quantity within the command window after getting into the above instructions, you might be able to proceed to the subsequent step. If you don’t see your smartphone mannequin quantity, you’ll have to reinstall the USB drivers and do that course of once more.
four) Now, to unlock the bootloader enter the next command:
fastboot oem unlock
5) Once accomplished, enter the next command to reboot your system:
6) That’s it. Now you’ve gotten efficiently unlocked the bootloader of your smartphone. Upon rebooting, you’ll have to allow USB debugging mode by following this information. Also, you’ll have to disable CM restoration safety by following the trail: Settings > Developer Options -> Update restoration with system updates (disable this selection).
Now, you may shut the command immediate and disconnect your smartphone from the pc. Next, you’ll have to set up a customized restoration in your OnePlus One smartphone. Let’s discover out the method under.
B) Tutorial To Install Custom Recovery In OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get began, obtain TWRP restoration, rename it as “restoration.img” and save the file within the “platform-tools” folder of “Android-SDK-windows” folder (Step four in stipulations). Next, swap off your system and boot into the fastboot mode by urgent and holding the quantity up and energy button.
2) In fastboot mode, join your smartphone to the pc. Next, open a command window in your laptop and enter the next instructions to flash the customized restoration:
fastboot flash restoration restoration.img
three) Once the flashing course of is over, enter the next command to reboot your system:
That’s it. Now you’ve gotten efficiently put in a customized restoration in your OnePlus One smartphone, and you may disconnect your smartphone from the pc.
To wind up, let’s discover out how one can root your system.
C) Tutorial To Root OnePlus One Smartphone:
1) To get began, obtain SuperSU zip bundle and reserve it within the “platform-tools” folder of “Android-SDK-windows” folder (Step four in stipulations).
2) Next, swap off your system and boot into the customized restoration mode by urgent and holding the quantity down and energy button. Now, in restoration mode join your system the pc and enter the next instructions, to switch the SuperSU zip file to your system’s SD card:
adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip /sdcard/
(Replace X in SuperSU-vX.XX.zip with the downloaded model of SuperSU zip file in your laptop).
three) Now within the customized restoration mode, choose “Install Zip bundle” and level to the SuperSU file in your SD card. This will begin the flashing course of, and it’ll get accomplished inside a minute. Once accomplished, reboot your system usually.
That’s it. Now you’ve gotten efficiently completed rooting your OnePlus One smartphone. To affirm the rooting course of, go to the Apps menu in your smartphone and search for the SuperSU app. If it’s there (it will likely be there for certain), then the rooting is profitable. Alternatively, you should utilize the foundation checker app from Google play retailer to verify the foundation privileges of your system.
If you face any challenges whereas following this tutorial to root OnePlus One smartphone, let me know by dropping a remark under.
For all the latest Root Android Tutorials, download Root Android Tutorials App now