Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users can download the Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus Oreo Update for Snapdragon variants, but there is a catch. This update is in the beta version that means still in test phase. If still want to enjoy the Oreo madness then download the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Oreo update from the links below.
This update is for the USA devices, once you have downloaded the file, it’s time to Install it. Usually, we use Odin in order to flash firmware but this time we’ll be using ADB sideload. This update is specific to Galaxy S8/Plus variants (SM-G950U/SM-G955U) with build number G950USQU1ZQJJ and G955USQU1ZQJJ.
Download Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus Oreo Update:
- Galaxy S8 Android Oreo Beta 2 for SM-G950U G950USQU1ZQJJ – Download
- Galaxy S8+ Android Oreo Beta 2 for SM-G955U G955USQU1ZQJJ – Download
- Galaxy S8 AQGL Baseband – Download
- Galaxy S8+ AQGL Baseband – Download
- This update is only for Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus Snapdragon variants.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to avoid power issues during the installation process.
- Backup your contacts, call logs, SMS messages and important media content.
- Download and extract Odin 3.12.3 on your PC: Download Link with Guide
Install Android Oreo Beta on Snapdragon Galaxy S8/Plus:
Now in order to install this Oreo Beta update on Galaxy S8 plus, first, you need to flash AQGL firmware. Follow the steps below in order to install it.
- Download the AQGL package from the links given above.
- Download Odin.
- Extract the downloaded firmware file and open Odin.
- Connect your device and put your device in download mode.
- Now carefully select BL, AP, CP, and CSC but don’t select Home.
- Click on start.
- Once the process is completed, your device will boot in recovery mode.
Method 2: Install Android Oreo Beta on Snapdragon Galaxy S8/Plus using ADB Sideload:
Step1: Download Samsung USB Drivers, ADB, and Fastboot drivers. Install them.
Step2: Download the Stock File for your device and extract it into the ADB installation directory.
Step3: Turn off your device and boot your device into recovery mode.
Step4: Tap Install from ADB Sideload.
Step5: Connect your device to PC.
Step6: Now in adb and fastboot folder, hold Shift Key + right click to open the command window.
Step7: Type the following command.
Step8: Now type the following command and it will flash Oreo Beta 2 on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Step9: Once the process is completed, Reboot your device.