VLC is the preferable player for Android users. Recently they have added the Chromecast support in their latest Beta version. Today, you’ll learn how to Cast To Chromecast From VLC Android. Basically, Chromecast support was added last year when they offering experimental support. Cast form VLC player is very simple, all you have to do tap on the cast button and select your device to play your content.
In order to enjoy the cast feature on your Android device, you need to enroll in the beta tester program for VLC. Moreover, if you are using the VLC beta app on Windows it doesn’t work well. However, Android App is stable and you can easily Cast To Chromecast. This feature is not rolled out for everyone. In order to enjoy the cast feature, you need to download VLC Player v2.0.9 or later.
Now let’s start our guide on How to Cast To Chromecast From VLC Android.
Cast To Chromecast From VLC Android:
First, you need to download the VLC Player v2.0.9 APK from the following link. If you’ve already installed VLC on your Android, Uninstall it before downloading the APK.
Download VLC Player v2.0.9 APK.
How to Cast To Chromecast From VLC Android:
- Make sure your Chromecast has been set up before you proceed.
- Only VLC v2.0.9 or later supports cast feature. Please check your VLC version before moving on to next step.
” Please keep that in mind if your Chromecast is not up and running, you won’t be able to see the cast button“.
- Open VLC player and select the video or music file you want to cast.
- Tap on the cast button located on the navigation bar.
- It will automatically connect with Chromecast, you don’t have to do anything additional.
- If you have two Chromecast devices, it will ask which one to connect. Tap on the desired device.
- In order to disconnect with the Chromecast, all you have to do is tap on the cast button again.
That’s all. This is how you can Cast To Chromecast From VLC Android. Please do tell us how was your experience in the comments section below.